The 70s, 80s, and 90s are considered the disco eras. People went to disco bars to dance the night away. Music and dancing were weekend favorites. Nowadays, we have rave parties, but the vibe is different (of course). So, SU.TU Uptown and 7HS Productions are bringing back disco into your life – and it’s for a good cause!
Tomorrow, Friday, May 26, SU.TU Uptown will be transformed into a disco club for A Night to Remember: Dinner for a Cause. The event will feature performances by a live band (Banda ni Kuya) and one of Cagayan de Oro’s best DJs, DJ Cocoy B. It’s the best way to enjoy good food, spend time with family and friends, and relive the disco vibes.
It is also the best way to have fun while helping out.
For PhP500, you’ll get to celebrate the weekend with sumptuous food from SU.TU and world-class musical entertainment the whole night through. Best of all, you’ll be able to help our less fortunate inmates in Lumbia. So, you’re guaranteed that your hard-earned PhP500 will be well-spent.
Why You Should Support a Fundraising Event
What makes A Night to Remember different from your usual weekend disco party or rave is the fact that it has a beneficiary. As stated above, the funds raised from the event will be given to the inmates in Lumbia who are in need – and there are thousands of them. The organizers identified what these needs are a month or so ago, so everything is ready – except for the funds. Your support will help the organizers provide what the beneficiaries need. This alone should already convince you to join the event.
But just in case you need more convincing, here are several reasons why dinner-for-a-cause events should be a regular entry in your weekend parties calendar:
- It’s YOUR happy pill – “Happiness doesn’t result from what we get, but from what we give.” (Ben Carson) You’ve always heard the phrase “it’s better to give than to receive” that it probably has become a cliche to you. But it is true; it is correct. When you buy something for your special someone, don’t you feel good when their eyes tear up, and their smiles are the widest? Giving makes you happy. Giving makes you feel fulfilled. That’s how A Night to Remember will make you feel.
- It’s about building connections – A Night to Remember will give you the opportunity to connect and reconnect with like-minded individuals, as well as to strengthen and unite the community.
- It’s the fun way of helping out – Having fun while helping out is the best mood booster. There’s food, drinks, music, and dancing. It’s what you need for that life-work/school balance that you’ve long been looking for. It’s a stress reliever and is exactly what you should indulge in to protect your emotional and physical health.
- It’s about social consciousness – Supporting A Night to Remember will build up personal values and establish your principles.
- It can encourage others to give – When other people see you selflessly giving and supporting charities or fundraising events like A Night to Remember, they may discover or rediscover their passion for giving and offer their support as well.
Now that I’ve given you more than one reason, I hope to see you at SU.TU tomorrow, dressed in your favorite 70s, or 80s, or 90s disco outfit. Don’t forget to invite your family and friends, too! You can buy your tickets at the venue or directly message 7HS Media Productions here.
Let’s get ready to dine, disco, and help out. See you at SU.TU!
We are not put on this earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are always there for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you. (Jeff Warner)